- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4
Brought to you from the 50+ Friends Club Cookbook.
- 4 lg. baking apples, such as Rome Beauty or Jonathan
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- Scoop out center of each apple, leaving 1Â½-inch-wide cavity about Â½-inch from bottom.
- Peel top of apple down about 1 inch.
- Brush peeled edges evenly with lemon juice.
- Mix apricots, walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Add butter; mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into apple cavities.
- Pour 1/2 cup water in bottom of crock pot.
- Place 2 apples in bottom of pot.
- Arrange remaining 2 apples above but not directly on top of bottom apples.
- Cover and cook on low 3 to 4 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with caramel ice cream topping, if desired