- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 6
- 2 cups large pineapple chunks
- 3 peaches, quartered
- 6 apricots, halves
- Â¼ cup firm packed brown sugar
- Â½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 3 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- Â¾ cup honey toasted wheat germ
- Wooden, bamboo, or metal skewers
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze.
- If using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes to prevent them from flaming on the grill. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Thread alternating fruit pieces onto two skewers at a time to keep fruit from rotating around while you turn them on the grill.
- Brush fruit with glaze.
- Lightly oil grill with vegetable oil.
- Lay skewers on grill and cook, turning and basting every couple of minutes, until fruit is tender and browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream sprinkled with wheat germ.