- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 12 bars
These healthy fruit and nut bars are made with a mix of kamut flakes, pecans, cashews, figs, flax, dried blueberries and coconut. Grab one for a quick snack or enjoy their chewy and hearty texture with a glass of milk for breakfast.
- 1 cup kamut flakes
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup salted roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 5 dried figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup dried blueberries or currants
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and then cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the kamut, pecans, cashews, agave nectar, peanut butter, figs, flax seeds, canola oil and lemon zest into a food processor and pulse until well chopped but still textured. Add the dried blueberries and the coconut to the mixture and continue to process until just combined.
- Remove the mixture from the processor, shape into 12 bars and then place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a 1-inch space between each bar. Place the bars in the oven for 25 minutes to bake, and then remove and allow to cool before serving.