- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr 55 min
- Total: 4 hr 30 min
- Serving: 16 people
The kids will never be more hungry for watermelon! These layered watermelon pops will make a splash at any event.
- 1 cup Sugar, divided
- 1 pkg. (85 g) Jell-O Lime Jelly Powder
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1 pkg. (85 g) Jell-O Strawberry Jelly Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 125 g (1/2 of 250-g pkg.) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and lime jelly powder in medium bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to 1/2 cup cold water to measure 3/4 cup. Add to lime jelly; stir until ice is completely melted. Refrigerate 25 min.
- Meanwhile, repeat with remaining strawberry jelly powder but do not refrigerate. Pour into 16 (3-oz.) paper cups. Freeze 20 min. Stir 1/2 tsp. chocolate chips into gelatin in each cup.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar with mixer in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in Cool Whip; spread over jelly in cups. Cover with lime jelly. Insert wooden pop stick in centre of each cup.
- Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Remove pops from cups just before serving.