- Prep: 12 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 12 hr 15 min
- Serving: 9-12 servings
Frozen waldorf salad with pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unpeeled apples, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Drain pineapple, pouring juice into a saucepan. Combine with egg, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Stir constantly over low heat until thickened. Cool.
- Mix in pineapple, apples, celery and pecans.
- Whip the cream, stir into pineapple mixture. Spread into an 8 inch square pan, freeze overnight. Before serving, move to refrigerator for 3 hours.