- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6
Homemade ices, a sublime finale for any hearty meal, are quite easy to make. Classic recipes include a frozen mixture of fruit, sugar, water and sometimes milk.
- 1 (12 ounce) ripe mango, pitted, cut into small pieces (or packaged frozen mango chunks)
- 1 Â¼ cups vanilla flavored soymilk
- Â½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Â½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar or more to taste
- Juice of a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Â¼ to Â½ cup vanilla soy milk
- Combine the mango, 1 Â¼ cups soymilk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar, and lemon juice in a shallow freezer safe baking dish.
- Cover tightly with plastic and place in freezer until just firm, about 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, use a large fork to break the mixture into chunks and place in blender.
- Add remaining soy milk and process until smooth. Serve immediately in dessert dishes with a sprinkling of cinnamon.