- Prep: 6 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 6 hr 40 min
- Serving: 12
Almond flavor and a chocolate crust make Frozen Amaretto Torte a favorite cool treat.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs, about 40 wafers
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1, 6 ounce package butterscotch flavored chips
- 1, 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1, 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1/3 cup Amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Combine butter, crumbs and nuts. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture. Press remainder firmly on bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt chips with condensed milk.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream and amaretto. Mix well. Stir in butterscotch mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour 1/2 of the amaretto mixture over prepared crust. Top with 1 cup reserved crumbs.
- Add remaining amaretto mixture. Top with remaining 1/2 cup crumbs. Cover, freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store leftovers in freezer.