- Prep: 2 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 min
- Serving: 2
Sip this frothy sweet drink as part of your next breakfast meal. The riper the bananas, the sweeter the taste. For a change, use apple juice and another choice of frozen fruit. A cup of plain or flavored yogurt in place of the tofu gives you even more alternatives
- Â½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 1 medium navel)
- 6 ounces firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced, frozen
- Ice cubes
- Combine orange juice, tofu, and extract in a blender and process on high for 15 seconds.
- Add bananas and a handful of ice and blend until ice is crushed.
- Adjust consistency of smoothie with additional orange juice to thin or frozen banana slices to thicken. Pour immediately into two glasses and serve.