- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 10
Frosted Strawberry Cake is topped with a sweet strawberry frosting.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 small package strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1/2 stick margarine, softened
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- Combine cake mix and jello in a large bowl. Add oil, milk and egg yolks, stirring just to mix.
- Combine coconut, pecans and strawberries in bowl, mixing well. Add half the strawberry mixture to batter, reserving half for frosting.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter. Pour into 3 greased and floured 8-inch cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cream margarine in a bowl. Blend in confectioners' sugar and remaining strawberry mixture. Frost cooled cake.