- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 16 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Although this is a salad, it is actually an intensely rich and flavorful dish made with warm bacon fat, Gorgonzola cheese, and sherry dressing.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups cleaned frisee (3-4 heads), torn into pieces
- Place the bacon strips into a medium-sized skillet over medium heat and cook for 6 minutes until crisp.
- In the meantime, spread the Gorgonzola cheese on the bottom of a serving bowl. Remove the hot bacon fat from the skillet and spoon over the cheese. Let the mixture stand for 2 minutes and then add the vinegar and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Add the frisee and bacon to the bowl and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.