- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 10 servings
This light and fresh salad, drizzled with lemon mustard vinaigrette, is a great salad starter dish for picky eaters due to its simple yet delicious taste.
- 1 pound endive (about 3 medium)
- 5 ounces frisee, torn into bite-size pieces (4 cups)
- 1 bunch watercress, coarse stems discarded (2 cups
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Using a sharp knife cut the endive, crosswise, into 1-1/2-inch sections and then remove and discard the cores.
- Place the endive, frisee and watercress into a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, place the shallot, salt and sugar together, stir to combine, and then let stand for 6 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add the lemon juice and mustard to the shallot mixture and whisk until blended.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil, while whisking vigorously, and then add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette right before serving, and then toss to coat.