- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
A great choice for a simple weeknight fish dinner, you can substitute the cornmeal for flour if you prefer.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- a few grinds freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- 2 whole trout, cleaned, gills removed
- 2 ounces butter
- Lemon juice
- Place the cornmeal, paprika and freshly ground black pepper in a shallow bowl and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the fish fillets on both sides with some sea salt and then dredge in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place a large skillet or sauté pan over medium high heat and add the butter. Once bubbling, add the fish and fry for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve immediately.