- Prep: 1 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 2 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Fried Rabbit is a hunter's delight.
- 2 rabbits, cut into serving chunks
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- For Gravy: 1 cup buttermilk
- Put rabbit into boiling water. Simmer 20 minutes. Drain and dry.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and sage. Roll rabbit pieces in flour mixture. Fry in hot lard. Until tender.
- For Gravy: set aside rabbit and drain, leaving about 3 tablespoons of fat. Pour in buttermilk and simmer. Do not boil. Scrape up bits from bottom of pan. Season to taste. Serve with rabbit.