- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This dish may remind you of fried rice but it is actually made with orzo; rice-shaped pasta also known as ‘risoni.’ Use leftover chicken and vegetables from the night before, and enjoy this dish as a satisfying lunch.
- 4 orzo
- Leftover cooked chicken, and vegetables, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- soy sauce
- pinch of sugar
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Cook the orzo according to package directions and then drain well.
- In the meantime, place 1/2 tablespoon of canola and the sesame oils into a large sauté pan or wok over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the eggs and cook until just set and then remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining canola oil to the pan along with the leftover chicken and vegetables, and the peas. Stir-fry the mixture for 3 minutes and then add the cooked orzo and the eggs. Cook for an additional 3 minutes and then season to taste with soy sauce, a pinch of sugar and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Serve immediately.