- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 4-6 servings
These butter-coated croutons are sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and baked in the oven until crisp, and the cheese is melted.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups large-dice crusty bread (from about 3, 1/2-inch slices)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the butter into a large, oven-safe sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once foaming, add the diced bread and stir well to coat. Sprinkle the mixture with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper, and then toss once more to combine.
- Transfer the sauté pan to the oven and bake the croutons for 5 minutes, and then stir well and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Remove the croutons, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve immediately.