- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This drink is a refreshing summertime beverage made with fresh watermelon, lemon juice and tea.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups cubed watermelon (without seeds)
- 1-1/2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 lemon, juice of, plus grated rind
- 1 cup strong-brewed tea
- Place the sugar and the hot tea in a bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Place the water, watermelon, ice cubes, lemon juice, lemon rind and the tea mixture into a blender and blend until the mixture obtains a slushy consistency.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve.