- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 8 servings
The slightly bitter taste of spinach is offset by the sweet/tartness of the cranberries and the buttery flavor of the pecans.
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds spinach, coarse stems removed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- Place the shallots, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large salad bowl.
- Slowly pour in the oil, whisking vigorously until emulsified, and then add the spinach.
- Toss to coat and then sprinkle the salad with the cranberries and toasted pecans.