- Prep: 8 hr
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 8 hr
- Serving: Makes 12 servings
There's nothing better than fresh, homemade salsa and this recipe is quick and easy.
- 3 large whole tomatoes, or 1, 28-ounce can seasoned, diced tomatoes
- 1 can, 4-ounces, chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Drain tomatoes, if canned, chop and seed if fresh. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours to blend flavors. Serve with tortillas chips.