- Prep: 3 hr 25 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 3 hr 29 min
- Serving: Makes about 1-1/2 cups
This delicious cold appetizer made with Italian-inspired flavors is ideal when served with crackers or thin slices of French baguette.
- 3-1/2 cups fresh parsley sprigs, trimmed
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, trimmed
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Provolone cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- Dash ground red pepper
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add 3 cups of the parsley, let boil for 30 seconds, and then remove immediately. Rinse the parsley under cold water, drain and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Place the parsley and the fresh basil on a cutting board and chop into pieces, then place in a large bowl with the provolone cheese, pine nuts, cream cheese, garlic and red pepper.
- Beat the parsley mixture at medium speed until blended, scraping the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Shape the mixture into a ball, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Chop the remaining 1/2-cup parsley. Roll the cheese ball in the parsley, place on a serving dish and serve.