- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Serve this sweet and spicy relish immediately in order to ensure that it retains its fresh flavor and vibrant color while being served.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 firm papaya, peeled, seeded and diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Mash the garlic in a mortar and pestle and sprinkle with the salt.
- Transfer the mashed garlic into a medium-sized bowl and then add the vinegar, sugar and hot sauce.
- Whisk the mixture until smooth and then stir in the papaya, onion and cilantro. Serve immediately.