- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 42 min
- Serving: 12 Oysters
This gorgeous appetizer is ideal for a ritzy and glamorous New Year’s dinner party. Serve the fresh oysters with chilled vodka shots.
- Vegetable oil
- 12 Oysters, whole
- 6 Bacon, slices, halved
- 18 ounces of Parmesan creamed spinach
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill a large frying pan halfway full with oil and heat until reaching 350 degrees.
- Shuck all the oysters into a bowl and set shells aside. Wrap each oyster with a piece of bacon and secure tightly with a toothpick, set aside.
- Fill each of the oyster shells with the creamed spinach and then place in a baking dish. Put in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and 1-1/2 tablespoons Creole seasoning in a small bowl and lightly dredge the oysters, shaking off any extra flour. Deep fry the oysters for about 1 minute until golden and then set on paper towels to drain.
- Put the fried oysters on the baked shells, sprinkle with the remaining seasoning and serve.