- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A fresh, creamy oyster and vegetable stew.
- 2 pintes fresh oysters with liquid
- 3 slices bacon, crisped and crumbled, reserve drippings
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 3 cups half-and-half ream
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Drain the oysters, reserving the liquid.
- Cook the onions and celery in the bacon drippings over medium heat. Once tender, mix in the mushrooms, soup, oyster liquor, cream and a dash of salt and pepper. Continue heating, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Mix in the bacon and oysters and heat for an additional 5 minutes, or until the oysters begin to curl. Sprinkle with the parsley when ready to serve.