- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This salad combines the earthy flavor of mushrooms with the slight tang of parmesan cheese, and the freshness of parsley. Serve as an accompaniment to roasted chicken.
- 16 ounces large button mushrooms, trimmed, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 small handful chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- Place the sliced mushrooms and the parsley into a salad bowl and toss to combine.
- In another bowl, vigorously whisk together the oil, lemon juice and a few pinches of salt and pepper until blended.
- Pour the oil mixture over the mushroom salad and toss to coat.