- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Serve this couscous salad made with fresh mozzarella as a hearty vegetarian main dish, or as a delicious side.
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 scallions , green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup grated fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Cook the couscous according to package directions and then set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, place the oil, vinegar, curry powder and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk vigorously to blend.
- Place the mozzarella, scallions, cucumber, tomato, grapes, basil and cooled couscous into a serving bowl, add the dressing and then toss gently to combine. Serve the salad topped with the slivered almonds.