- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: N/A
If you are tired of classic tomato sauces and heavy, cream-based blends topping your pasta, try this vibrant lemon and garlic-based blend that adds wonderful brightness and zesty flavor to ‘al dente’ pasta.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the garlic, lemon juice, zest, vinegar, sugar and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl, and whisk vigorously to combine. Slowly pour in the oil and continue to whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Toss the sauce with your favorite, freshly cooked pasta and serve immediately.