- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Mâche, French for lamb’s lettuce, is a small, nutty green common in Europe. If you can’t find it at your local supermarket, use mixed baby lettuce instead.
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive, walnut or almond oil
- 2 tablespoons fruity vinegar, such as raspberry or pomegranate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups packed mâche
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- Place a saucepan 3/4-full with water over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the peas and cook for 2 minutes, then drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Put the sliced almonds into a small skillet and toast over medium-low heat for 3 minutes until golden and fragrant.
- Place the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper into a large salad bowl and whisk to combine. Add the lettuce, chives, tarragon and the snap peas, and toss to coat. Scatter in the toasted almond slices and serve.