- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6 people
Great on a cold night in, Fresh Green Bean Stew is hearty and tasty. Serve with artisan bread and a cheese tray for a great meal.
- 6 cups young green beans (be sure they are stringless)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 onions, finely diced
- 12 ounces fresh plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika (add a bit for garnish)
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (reserve a bit for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the bean and cut them into 1-1/2-inches in length. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the beans to the boiling water. Allow to boil for a minute then reduce the heat to simmer. Cook until soft (about 5 minutes), drain and set aside but keep them warm.
- In a large saute pan over high heat, add the olive oil, then the onions, stirring constantly. Cook until they turn a light golden color. Add the tomatoes and paprika to the onions and mix well.
- Stir the green beans into the onion mix and simmer with the lid on for about 12-15 minutes. Stir in the garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish individual bowls with the reserved parsley and a bit of the paprika.