- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: Makes about 2-1/3 cups
Fresh ginger, lime juice and zest give this cranberry sauce sharper flavor and a brighter taste, while the maple syrup provides rich depth.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (12-ounce) package cranberries (3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Place the water, sugar, maple syrup, lime peel, and lime juice into a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cranberries and cook the mixture for 5 minutes, then add the ginger and continue to simmer for an additional 6 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool prior to serving.