- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 18
Homemade salsas are one of the easiest ways to add a fat-free but flavorful dimension to most any dish. Try other variations by using your favorite fruits and herbs and adding different spices like cumin, cinnamon or cayenne pepper.
- 1 (12 ounce) ripe mango, cored, diced (peeled, if you prefer)
- 1 cup (or 8 ounce can, drained) crushed pineapple or pineapple chunks
- Â½ cup finely chopped fresh mint, chopped
- Â½ cup green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped (keep the seeds and white membrane for more heat)
- Juice of two limes (about 3 tablespoons)
- Pinch or two of salt
- Mix ingredients together, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or longer to blend the flavors.
- Bring to room temperature to serve.
- Leftover salsa can be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to four days.