- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Serves 2
This extremely light dish of sautéed flounder fillets is bursting with fresh lemon flavor. Pair the meal with a side of brown rice and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
- 2 (4-ounce) flounder fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon whole capers
- 1 small lemon, peeled and segmented
- With a sharp knife, make 2 crosswise slits in the flounder and season well with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter and sauté flounder for about 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Fish will turn a golden brown color.
- Flip the fish once and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Place the fish on a serving dish and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons butter to the hot and pan and then the lemon juice, parsley, capers, and lemon segments. Mix well and then spoon sauce over the fillets. Serve immediately.