- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 6-8 Servings
Making fresh lemon curd is surprisingly extremely simple. Enjoy it slathered onto fresh bread or used as a sweet and citrusy filling for a tart.
- 1/2 cup fresh citrus juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated citrus zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Place the juice, zest, sugar, and eggs into a medium-sized saucepan and whisk well to blend. Add the cubed butter and cook the mixture over medium-low heat until it becomes thick.
- Remove the curd from the heat and cool before transferring to an air-tight jar. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 1-1/2 weeks.