- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 People
This chick pea salad, made with red beets, summer squash, lime zest and celery, is the perfect spring or summer addition your BBQ. Fresh, simple and requiring no cooking whatsoever, this is the perfect go-to dish for those without any time to spare! Plus, the use of fresh ingredients makes this an easy way to feed your family a healthy meal.
- 2 cups canned chick peas, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can sliced red beets, drained and chopped
- 2 stalks celery (with leaves), chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped summer squash
- 1/4 teaspooon black pepper
- In a salad bowl, mix chick peas, beets, squash, salt and lemon zest.
- Pour lemon juice and olive oil over the salad, mix well. Add additional salt for taste.