- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
A fruity addition to a holiday favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspooons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon gound cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9 inch pan.
- Wash and dry the blueberries. Toss with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Stir together the remaining flour, soda, ginger, cinnamon, mace and salt.
- In a large bowl beat the egg, oil, sugar and molasses until well mixed.
- Alternately add the flour and buttermilk to the creamed mixture. Beat until smooth. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve with whipped cream.