- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 4 to 6
Taking a bite out of a raw beet may not sound exciting, but shredding this crisp root vegetable releases its earthy juices. Combining it with shredded carrot, mint, and feta makes a refreshing side dish—no cooking required.
- 1/2 pound beets (weighed without greens), ends trimmed
- 2 carrots, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Using a box grater or a food processor fitted with a grating blade, shred beets and carrots. Spread on a stack of paper towels and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, mint, lemon zest, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add shredded beet mixture to bowl and toss to coat. Right before serving, gently toss with feta and sunflower seeds.