- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Freshly snipped basil gives this green bean and cherry tomato salad wonderful invigorating aroma and flavor.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed, or 2 (9-ounce) packages frozen whole green beans, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh basil plus to garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Place the green beans into a steam basket over a saucepan of boiling water and steam for 5 minutes until tender.
- Put the butter into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the beans and sauté for 3 minutes before adding the mushrooms and cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the water, basil, sugar, salt, and pepper and then cook the mixture, covered, for 4 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and toss to combine. Garnish the dish with fresh basil and serve.