- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
Fresh Apple Harvest Cake is full of tart apples and flavored with cinnamon.
- 3 tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2-3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Sprinkle apples in bowl with cinnamon and 6 tablespoons sugar, tossing lightly to coat.
- Sift next 3 ingredients together. Beat eggs in large bowl until frothy. Add 2 cups sugar gradually, beating constantly until thick and fluffy.
- Add oil in a thin stream, beating constantly until well blended. Add dry ingredients and orange juice alternately, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter into greased bundt pan. Drain apples and arrange half over the batter. Repeat layers ending with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool thoroughly on wire rack before removing from pan.