- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 2 cups
This quick and delicious recipe for classic Mexican salsa is perfect as an accompaniment to tortilla chips or slathered on quesadillas.
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, chile pepper, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt in a medium-sized bowl, and stir to combine.
- Place the salsa in the refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour so the flavors can blend.