- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
The French got it right with this morning staple. We put a little twist on it and are serving it up for you. Whether this is served over Sunday brunch or a holiday gathering, this gooey, scrumptious dish will be gobbled up quickly.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 loaf sweet bread, sliced into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Sea salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Pure maple syrup
- Combine melted butter and sugar. Pour evenly on bottom of baking dish and arrange bread slices close together on top of mixture.
- Beat the eggs and add all the remaining ingredients, save for the pecans.
- Pour mix over bread slices as this will start the soaking process.
- Top with pecans and cover dish with plastic wrap.
- Put the dish in the refrigerator to set for at least three hours (up to 12 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- After the chilling period, set out for 20 minutes. Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool and sprinkle powdered sugar (optional) and drizzle maple syrup on top. Serve.