- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6 servings
French Poached Salmon becomes magnificent with a creamy, earthy truffle sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup shallots (chopped)
- 3/4 ounce black truffles (finely chopped)
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon arrowrooot
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1/2 lb salmon filet
- Cut Salmon into 6 portions
- Place in large skillet with with 2 cups of wine, salt and dill
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until done
- Prepare sauce by reducing wine and shallots for 12-15 minutes
- Stir in truffles, cream, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix arrowroot, and brandy in a small bowl until lumps disappear.
- Whisk arrowroot mixture into cream sauce and stir until it has thickened.
- Remove salmon from poaching liquid and pour cream sauce on top to serve.