- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
A great dish for brunch, French Onion Pie uses canned French fried onions.
- 1, 9 inch pastry lined pie plate
- 2, 3 ounce cans French fried onions
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- Layer onions in pastry shell. Beat eggs; beat in milk, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over onions. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes or until custard is set. Cool slightly before cutting to serve.