- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Haricot Verts are French green beans that are usually thinner and longer than traditional green beans. Serve as an elegant side dish to a dinner party entrée.
- 2 pounds haricot verts
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and blanch for 2-1/2 minutes and then immediately dunk into a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking further. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, cook the bacon until crispy and then set aside to cool and crumble.
- Add the shallot to the bacon fat and sauté for 1-1/2 minutes. Return the bacon to the pan and add the beans and toss. Cook for 3 minutes and then pour in the lemon juice and deglaze.
- Sprinkle the beans with salt and pepper and serve immediately.