- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
French Egg Soup has both the chicken flavor and the egg.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 leeks, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 turnip, diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3, 13 3/4 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1, 10 ounce package frozen peas
- 6 eggs
- In covered Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter and cook celery, carrots, leeks, onions, turnip, sugar and salt, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth and peas; cook, covered, 15 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Break an egg into a saucer; lower saucer close to soup surface and quickly slip egg into soup. Repeat using all eggs. Cover pan and continue simmering until eggs are of desired doneness.
- Serve soup in deep soup bowls with an egg for each serving.