- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 4 servings
French Chicken and Butternut Squash is one of those comfort foods that bring your family together.
- 1 small Butternut Squash
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 ounces smoked sausage (sliced or cubed)
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 can Italian stewed tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (undrained)
- chopped parsley (save some for garnish)
- Microwave squash on high for 4 minutes to soften
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Dice flesh.
- Add chicken to cooking sprayed skillet and brown on both sides.
- Add sausage and cook until heated through
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with additional parsley and serve