- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes 4-6 servings
Aioli is a French sauce made with lemon, eggs, garlic and olive oil. When the warm potatoes are tossed with the aioli sauce, the dish becomes wonderfully infused with intense flavor.
- 3/4 pound salad potatoes
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise (preferably made with olive oil)
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed to a paste or put through a garlic press
- 1-1/2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Scrub the potatoes with a vegetable brush, removing all dirt and grit.
- Bring a large pot of salt water to boil and then add the potatoes. Boil until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes, and then remove and cut potatoes into 3/4-inch chunks.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar and chives until well blended. Gently fold the warm boiled potatoes into the aioli sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.