- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1
It may be called the ‘French 75’ but this light and fizzy cocktail is also popular in New Orleans where the gin in substituted for cognac.
- 1-1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Sparkling wine
- Orange slice or cherry to garnish
- Pour the gin, simple syrup and lemon juice in a shaker filled with ice, and shake the mixture vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into a martini glass, and top with the sparkling wine.
- Garnish the cocktail with a slice of orange or a cherry if desired, and serve immediately.