- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
A classic favorite, Fran's Carrot Cake is frosted with cream cheese frosting.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick margarine, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine first 3 ingredients in bowl, mixing well. Blend 1/2 teaspoon salt and dry ingredients together in bowl. Add to egg mixture, stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Fold in 1 tablespoon vanilla and carrots. Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Beat 1 tablespoon vanilla, remaining ingredients except nuts and pinch of salt in mixing bowl on high speed until light and fluffy. Add nuts and frost cooled cake.