- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6
Tangy cranberries show their versatility in Fluffy Cranberry Cheese Pie.
- 1, 3 ounce package raspberry or cranberry orange gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, crushed
- 1, 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1, 9 inch graham cracker crust
- In a bowl, combine gelatin and 1/3 cup sugar. Bring cranberry juice to a boil; pour over gelatin mixture and stir to dissolve. Stir in cranberries. Chill until the consistency is like unbeaten egg whites.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, milk and vanilla until fluffy. Beat the whipping cream just to soft peaks. Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream.
- Place cranberry mixture in bowl of ice water beat until fluffy. If necessary, let stand until mixture mounds. Spread cream cheese mixture over bottom of pie crust. Top with cranberry mixture.
- Chill several hours or overnight. To serve, pipe additional whipped cream on top and garnish with whole cranberries.