- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 55 min
- Serving: 8
Flourless Carrot Cake is dense with carrots and full of spicy goodness.
- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- Separate eggs one by one. Put the yolks in one dish. Put the whites in another. Remove as much liquid as you can from the carrots by squeezing them in a cheesecloth.
- Beat the egg yolks and the sugar until they are creamy. Add the carrots, almonds and spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form tall glistening peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the carrot mixture. Do not overmix. Gently pour the mixture into a greased oblong baking dish. Bake at 275 degrees F for about 1 hour 30 minutes.