- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4
Enjoy Florida Keys Shrimp on crackers or melba toast.
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp, peel and deveined, left whole
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch combined with 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup green onions with tops, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Combine all ingredients except starch mixture and green onions. Mix well, cover bowl and let marinate for least 1 hour.
- About 15 minutes before serving, add dissolved cornstarch to ingredients, mix well and cook over moderate heat about 15 minutes, if shrimp are large; cook 10 to 12 minutes if shrimp are medium size. If mixture becomes too thick add a bit more water. Fold in onions. Pour into a chafing dish and serve with crackers or melba toasts.