- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
The first mention of ‘flip’ mixed drinks stems back to 1685 in England. Make sure you shake this classic concoction very well and serve frothy.
- 1-1/2 ounces desired liquor (brandy, sherry, port)
- 1 small egg
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1/2 ounce heavy cream
- Freshly ground nutmeg to garnish
- Place the liquor, egg, sugar, and cream in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds to emulsify the egg and then strain into a wine glass.
- Garnish with a dusting of freshly ground nutmeg and serve immediately.